HMS acquires majority of WEBfactory shares

As of 1 April 2019, HMS, a wholly owned subsidiary of HMS Networks AB (publ), acquires majority (74.9%) of all shares in WEBfactory. The remaining 25.1% is owned by CEO Bernhard Böhrer who also stays as managing director.

HMS Industrial Networks is one of the leading independent providers of solutions for industrial communication. With HMS products automation devices can be integrated into many different industrial networks and maintain them remotely.

Development and production are carried out at the headquarters in Halmstad/Sweden and in Ravensburg/Germany. Own subsidiaries in China, Denmark, Germany, France, India, Italy, Japan, UK and USA take over the local sales and support. In addition, HMS is represented by distributors in over 50 countries. HMS employs over 520 people and is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm.

“With WEBfactory, we add a very competent and future proof software dimension to HMS’ offering for IIoT” says Staffan Dahlström, CEO of HMS Networks. “The i4 software products will enable a straightforward path for HMS’ customers and partners to realize truly smart manufacturing and services. We are also excited about the synergies that can be achieved by using our Anybus, Ixxat, Ewon and Intesis hardware products to feed data to the i4 suite from devices and machines in manufacturing sites and buildings.”

“We are very excited to become part of HMS. Together with HMS’ complementing industrial hardware and software technologies, we will be able to provide very attractive solutions for IIoT, ready to be integrated into any 3rd party IT/IIoT system.” says Bernhard Böhrer, CEO of WEBfactory GmbH.