The client becomes active.
With i4SCADA 3.8.2 a new feature will arrive: Client Side Signals. This new functionality enable operations to be implemented directly within the client. This saves server resources, renders VChannels unnecessary, reduces data exchange with the server and makes visualizations faster and efficient.
Your benefits at a glance:
- UI operations can be done directly at the client without server communication or VChannels
- Interactive UIs can be generated without scripting and programming
- All types of arrays can be read, written and modified
- Scripting, signal value calculations and web service calls are done without VChannels
- Libraries like JQuery can be used directly
- External devices such as video cameras can be easily integrated and controlled
Client side signals are part of the next release.